Instant Pot Chicken Soup From Scratch; The easiest and most comforting homemade soup you will ever make in your Instant Pot pressure cooker!
I’ve been doing very important things here at home. I’be been loving and nurturing our now 8 week old boy Jace while making quick and nourishing recipes in the Instant Pot.
Easy and comforting meals are important these days, especially when all cooped up in the house doing nothing much other than breastfeeding all day everyday. Homemade chicken soup from scratch doesn’t get any easier with the Instant Pot! This nourishing and hydrating soup is essential for a breastfeeding mother and the whole family.I added all the ingredients, water and set the Instant Pot to the soup setting for 30 minutes. Then I discarded any unwanted ingredients such as the whole onion, cinnamon sticks and skinned/deboned chicken.I add the optional zucchini and broken vermicelli (see recipe) and cooked until tender. Then topped off with the fresh herbs. They add so much flavor and freshness!My days may feel too short and my nights very long but I’m soaking in as much as I can because I know one day I’ll reminisce and look back on these precious moments. I know that I’ll have warm memories of these fuzzy days enjoying this delicious and healthy Instant Pot Chicken Soup From Scratch. I hope this soup brings you warmth and comfort!
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials
- Chicken Drumsticks - 2 lbs.
- Carrots - 5 large, peeled and chopped.
- Onions - 2, small (1 whole, 1 diced)
- Garlic - 2 cloves, peeled.
- Herbs De Provence - 1 tsp.
- Peppercorns - 4.
- Cinnamon Sticks - 2.
- Parsley Sprigs - 2.
- Dill Sprigs - 2.
- Water - to fill 6 qt instant pot between ½ and ⅔ line.
- Broken Vermicelli - ⅔ cup. (optional)*
- Zucchini - 1, diced. (optional)*
- Parsley - 2 tbsp, minced.
- Dill - 2 tbsp, minced.
- Salt - 2 tsp or to taste.
- Add the drumsticks to the instant pot. Top with carrots, onions, garlic, peppercorns, sprigs of parsley and dill, Herbs de Provence and cinnamon sticks.
- Pour water to fill below the ⅔ mark. Between the ½ and ⅔ lines.
- Use the Soup/Broth setting on the Instant Pot for 30 minutes.
- Release pressure, discard the whole onion, sprigs of parsley/dill, garlic, peppercorns.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks, debone and add back into to the pot.
- *Add the optional broken vermicelli and zucchini. Select high sauté setting and cook, uncovered, until tender. Stir in minced parsley and dill; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN SOUP FROM SCRATCH
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.