This Heart-Healthy Green Smoothie with Cashews is, well, really healthy. 🙂
The almond milk, bananas and honey totally offset the taste of the kale to make it a smooth smoothie that is worth chugging! Give it a chug!
Make sure you follow the instructions in the right order as shown below. The important thing to remember is to always blend the leafy stuff (in this case it’s Kale) first with the liquid or ice. Once blended, you can add the fruits or other veggies.
- Ice - 2 cups
- Almond Milk - ½ cup (whole, soy, etc.. work just fine)
- Kale - 1 cup packed
- Bananas - 2 medium
- Cashews - ½ cup (or pistachios)
- Honey - 1 TBSP
- Vanilla Extract - 1 TSP (optional)
- Put the ice, milk, kale and bananas in the blender. I used a Vitamix.
- Blend them alone for a minute or two before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Make sure the consistency is smooth with no leafy chunks visible before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for a minute. Feel free to substitute the honey with sugar or the cashews with other nuts like Pistachios
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.