I almost don’t have enough words to express how awesome this Rainbow Fresh Chopped Salad is! Look at this beauty filled with bright and vibrant veggies. So refreshingly fresh, you’ll never think of salad the same way again.
And the best part is? You can put anything in it. The fresher, the better. I used mixed greens, leftover rotisserie chicken, crisp cucumbers, earthy chickpeas, sweet peppers, buttery avocados, artichoke hearts, red onion, tangy tomatoes, salty feta cheese and citrusy cilantro.
No need to smother it all up with heavy dressing either. There’s so much flavor that a squeeze of lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil, a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked pepper is all you need.
And seriously, the crunch factor here is just off the charts. This salad is so crunchy, it’s the perfect meal to irritate someone with misophonia. 😀 People (including me) with misophonia (the dumbest thing ever) have negative feelings towards certain sound triggers such as eating sounds. My siblings still tease me for the many times I have asked them to stop eating loudly while we were growing up. I have since grown to cope with said sounds and I generally keep the negative feelings to thyself! 😛
So there you have it! The all amazing Rainbow Fresh Chopped Salad. A few crunchy bites in and imagine this….you will be on an imposing beach house, all snuggled up on a comfy porch couch where the smells and sounds of the sea gradually start to overwhelm your senses.
Oh summer! Can you tell how much I’ve missed you? I’m seeing a glimpse of you this week. It feels so good to feel your warmth on my skin and the way you gently caress my hair on beautiful, breezy mornings. Please tell me you’re here to stay.
Come and join me on the porch as we relish in every fork-full of this Rainbow Fresh Chopped Salad!
And I won’t tell you to stop crunching so loudly.
I promise. 😀Print
- Mixed Greens – 2 cups.
- Chicken – Rotisserie, 1/2 cup, chopped.
- Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans – 1/2 cup, drained from can.
- Cherry Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, halved.
- Snacking Cucumbers – 2, sliced.
- Sweet Peppers – 3/4 cup, chopped.
- Red Onion – 1/4 cup, chopped.
- Avocado – 1/2, chopped.
- Artichoke Hearts – 1/2 cup, quartered.
- Fetta – 1/4 cup, crumbled.
- Cilantro – to taste, chopped.
- Lemon – 1/2 or to taste, juiced.
- Olive Oil – to taste.
- Freshly Cracked Pepper – to taste.
- Sea Salt – to taste.
- In a serving dish, lay the mixed greens in a flat layer.
- Arrange the remaining salad ingredients on top of the greens in sections as desired.
- Top off with chopped cilantro and dressing ingredients.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Rainbow Fresh Chopped Salad
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.