My ultimate comfort food -mom’s spaghetti! Believe it or not, I didn’t care for spaghetti as a child. But as my taste-buds matured, I began to yearn for that cinnamon-y taste in my mom’s spaghetti recipe. It became my go-to comfort food. I do go a little crazy with the cinnamon in this Mom’s Comfort Spaghetti recipe so feel free to tone it down if you feel the need to. I did tweak my mom’s basic recipe to my liking with the spices and by adding veggies for more flavor/texture.
- Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti – 3/4th a 13.25 oz package
- Ground Beef – 1.34 lbs organic package
- Red Bell Pepper – 2 cups, chopped
- Mushrooms – Baby Bella, 4 cups, chopped
- Onion – 1 large, chopped
- Garlic Salt – 2 tsp or to taste
- Cinnamon – 2-3 tsp or to taste
- Italian Seasoning – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Chicken Bouillon – Maggi, 1
- Tomato Paste – 3 tbsp
- Water – 4 cups
- In a large pot, cook the spaghetti per package instructions, drain and set aside. About 6 minutes.
- In the same large pot, brown the ground beef until no longer pink and drain. About 4 minutes.
- Re-add the beef to the pot with all the spices, mix well.
- Add the veggies and saute the mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken bouillon, tomato paste and water mixing well and cooking until the paste is dissolved. About 3 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, mix well and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, mixing occasionally until the desired amount of liquid/sauce remains in pot.
- Taste check to tweak salt amount if need-be.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.