Cook Once Eat Twice Crockpot Stuffed Peppers And Tacos is truly as awesome as it sounds!
Imagine this: You wake up on a cold Sunday and plan the best day of your life which includes sofa lounging, greedy eating and compulsive TV watching.
While you prepare a quick taco lunch at noon, your dinner is already decided and cooking in your crockpot. And, now you can enjoy your lunch and relax for the rest of the day.
Come 6pm, dinnertime, and you’re fixated on that Netflix movie. No time to cook dinner? No Problem! So you just hit the pause button and grab a plate. And, your quinoa beef stuffed peppers are ready!
Now, if only everyday were a lazy cold Sunday. 😉
And the recipe can’t get any easier than this! You start by mixing the filling and stuffing your peppers in your crockpot.
Mix and pour in sauce around and on top of stuffed peppers.
Then, cover, and let the crockpot do its magic! You can cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
Now, it’s time to prepare the tacos for lunch! You add the remaining filling mixture to a deep pan. Then, add some taco seasoning and cook until the beef is browned. Then, add water or broth then bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Now you can stuff your taco shells and top them with your favorite ingredients!
Come dinner-time and your stuffed peppers are ready! Enjoy! 🙂
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials
Cook Once Eat Twice Crockpot Stuffed Peppers And Tacos
- Bell Peppers - 6, tops cut off and seeded.
- Ground Beef - 1 lb, uncooked.
- Quinoa - 1 cup, uncooked.
- Black Beans - 1 (15 ounce) can, drained and rinsed.
- Corn - 1 cup, frozen.
- Feta Cheese - ½ cup.
- Cheese of choice - ½ cup or to taste.
- Red Onion - 2 tbsp, chopped.
- Tomatoes - ½ cup, chopped.
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced.
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp, chopped.
- Cumin - 2 tsp.
- Taco Seasoning - 2 tsp.
- Garlic Salt - ½ tsp or to taste.
- Tomato Paste - 1 tbsp.
- Chicken Broth - 2 cups.
- Lemon - 1 juiced.
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced.
- Salt & Pepper - to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine all Filling ingredients.
- Lightly coat the inside of crockpot with nonstick spray.
- Arrange peppers into slow cooker and spoon fill them with the filling.
- Mix the sauce ingredients well and pour over and around the peppers.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours. You can add more cheese before serving, cover slow cooker just so it melts.
- You will have a lot of the Filling mixture left. Add to a deep pan, add more taco seasoning if desired.
- Sautee for about 5 minutes until the beef is browned.
- Add 2 cups of water or broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon fill mixture into taco shells and top with your favorite ingredients!
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.