This Creamy Shrimp Linguine pasta dish has a healthier version of creamy Alfredo sauce. The veggies, cheese and spices add enough flavor for a satisfying meal!
- Whole Grain Linuine – 1 package (Barilla 13.25 oz)
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Chives – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Shrimp – 1 lb, raw & peeled
- Mushrooms – 2.5 cups, sliced
- Red Bell Pepper – 1.5 cups, sliced
- Half-and-Half – 2 cups, fat free
- All Purpose Flour – 1.5 tbsp
- Paprika – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 1/4 tsp
- Dried Basil – 1/4 tsp
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – 1/2 cup
- Flat-Leaf Parsley – 1/2 cup, chopped
- Break linguine in half and cook according to package instructions/drain.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, chives, shrimp, paprika and saute until opaque/cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper and saute until tender and mushrooms begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside with shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, flour, garlic salt, black pepper, oregano and basil until combined.
- Add mixture to pot, over medium heat, stirring occasionally until thick, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese, mix well then remove from heat.
- Add shrimp mixture and parsley into the sauce stirring well to combine all ingredients.
- Lastly, add linguine and gently toss until evenly coated.
- You can sprinkle with more cheese when serving.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.