Perfect dish to make with leftover rotisserie chicken. Fast and easy creamy pasta bake! This Spinach Chicken Penne Bake is so yummy!Print
- Whole Grain Penne Pasta – 1/2 (16 ounce) package
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Half-and-Half – 3 cups
- All Purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
- Garlic Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Dried Basil – 1/2 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese – 2 cups
- Chicken – 3 cups, cooked & chopped
- Frozen Chopped Spinach – 10 oz package, thawed/drained
- Chicken Broth – 1/2 cup
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 1 cup
- Panko Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, flour, garlic salt, basil, oregano and black pepper until combined.
- In a large pot, melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium high heat.
- Add half-and-half mixture to pot, stirring occasionally until slightly thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add Parmesan & Romano cheese and mix well. The cheese will thicken the sauce.
- Turn broiler on to the low setting in oven.
- Add the chopped chicken (I used rotisserie chicken), spinach and chicken broth to the pot. Give everything a nice stir.
- Let the mixture come to a boil an cook for about 5 more minutes, turn off heat and taste check then add the pasta and mix well.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and pour pasta mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese & top with Panko bread crumbs.
- Pop the dish in the oven for about 8 minutes then turn broiler on to high for an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the crumbs are golden brown.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.