This Kafta recipe is made with Lamb and Beef. It is virtually identical to the other Lamb Kafta recipe we posted recently.
The only difference is that instead of using only lamb, this recipe calls for half lamb and half beef.
Combine the lamb and beef in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
Add in the oil and spices and mix well.
Incorporate the minced parsley and onions and mix well.
Skewer and form into the shape you see in the pictures.
Grill on a pre-heated grill rotating frequently until you see these awesome grill marks.Print
- Ground Lamb, 1 lb.
- Ground beef, 1 lb.
- Onions finely chopped, 1.5 cups
- Parsley finely chopped, 1 bunch
- 7 Spices, 4 tsp
- Salt, 3 tsp
- Black pepper, 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil, 1.5 tbsp
- Mince parsley finely.
- Mince onions finely. (the smaller the better)
- Place the ground lamb and ground beef in a large bowl.
- Add the oil.
- Start mixing and adding the parsley, 7 spices, salt and black pepper gradually.
- Keep mixing by hand to fully incorporate all the ingredients evenly.
- Form about 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time into a small finger.
- Put a skewer through the finger right smack in the middle.
- Keep forming the Kafta into a longer finger nicely around the skewer.
- Pinch the edges to ensure the Kafta is held tightly.
- Place diagonally on the grates of a pre-heated grill.
- Grill on low-medium heat for around 7 minutes initially.
- Gently turn while paying attention not to force the turn in case the Kafta is still sticking to the grill. You should allow enough time initially for the meat to separate itself naturally from the grates.
- Grill for 3 minutes.
- Turn and grill for 2-3 or until done and you see the glorious grill marks all around.
- Enjoy with your favorite sides or better yet a Tabbouleh Lebanese Salad!
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 196
- Sodium: 722
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Protein: 15
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.