Happy National Soup Month! What better meal to warm your belly on a cold winter’s night then this Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Hearty Soup?! Only if served with a side of crusty bread for dipping, of course.
A hearty bowl of soup is one of my ultimate comfort foods especially if it looks like this ☝️ bowl of beauty!
This soup is filled with whole, healthy and nutritious ingredients. It cooks in the Instant Pot for just 12 minutes but tastes like it’s been simmering all freaking day! Why? Because the Instant Pot is pure magic and it’s high-temperature cooking creates a ton of flavor. I only use water instead of sodium/preservative packed broths yet the soup tastes incredibly flavorsome!
Basically, YOU WILL LOVE THIS SOUP and this INSTANT POT!
May you enjoy many vibrant bowls of this Instant Pot Lentil Spinach Hearty Soup! I’d say, it’s about the healthiest and coziest bowl of soup around. ????
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials
- Green Lentils - 1 cup.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Onion - 1 medium, diced.
- Garlic - 6 cloves, minced.
- Carrots - 1 cup, diced.
- Sweet Peppers - 1 cup, diced.
- Spinach - 1 cup, frozen or fresh chopped.
- Tomato Paste - 2 tbsp.
- Cherry Tomatoes - 1 cup, sliced in half.
- Ground Cumin - 1 tbsp.
- Ground Coriander - 1 tbsp.
- Ground Turmeric - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste.
- Water - 5 cups.
- Press saute mode on Instant Pot. Add oil and once hot, add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, sweet peppers, spinach, and all the spices. Saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, lentils and water. Mix well, scraping any bits and pieces from the bottom of the pot.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot and cancel saute mode. Select manual and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Once 12 minutes are up, release the pressure.
- Adjust salt as needed and serve.
INSTANT POT LENTIL SPINACH HEARTY SOUP
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.