Clean and bright, this Detox Red Lentil Veggie Soup will fill your heart with warmth and bliss. It’s quick to fix on them busy nights yet full of healthy, delicious ingredients. This is the perfect savory soup to cozy up with on winter nights. Leftovers taste even more amazing the next day and your coworkers will have a beautiful moment from the aroma that will emanate throughout the office.
It’s vegan, vegetarian, filling, warm, nourishing, soothing and simply PERFECT.
This recipe just takes as many of the healthiest (and colorful) ingredients possible and puts them together in one pot. From antioxidant-packed leek and garlic, fiber-filled celery and carrots to the vitamin C-rich red bell pepper and lemon juice, the flavors work wonderfully together. And I’m being awesome by adding sweet potatoes which turn into creamy textured goodness. I like to crush my garlic in a mortar and pestle as I find it makes it taste best.
All these ingredients are cooked with cumin and turmeric filling your home with an exhilarating scent.
Then we add the star of the show, the protein-packed red lentils. No broth is needed, It all simmers up with just water creating the best house smells ever in just 20 minutes.
Then magic happens when the hand blender is used to puree the soup right in the pot transforming it into velvety heaven.
And there you have it. A big pot filled with this beautiful soup to detox and nourish your body. My toddler even loved it. He ate so much then bragged how big his belly turned from eating ‘that yellow soup’ ????!
Cheers to you as you cozy up with many glowing bowls of this amazing Detox Red Lentil Veggie Soup forever and always!
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentialsPrint
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Leek – 1 large, chopped.
- Garlic – 3, crushed.
- Celery – 3 sticks, sliced.
- Carrots – 1 cup, sliced.
- Red Bell Pepper – 1, chopped.
- Sweet Potato – 1 large, chopped.
- Red Lentils – 1.5 cups.
- Turmeric – 1 tsp.
- Cumin – 3 tsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste.
- Water – 8 cups.
- Lemon – 1/2 small, juiced.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add leek, garlic, celery, carrots, red bell pepper, sweet potato, turmeric, cumin and salt. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add red lentils, water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blend soup right in the pot to desired consistency.
- Stir in lemon juice and taste check for any additional salt.
DETOX RED LENTIL VEGGIE SOUP
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.