Ready in a jiffy and perfectly blended, this Veggie Lentil ‘Yummy In Ma Tummy’ Baby Purée is so creamy and so tasty. But most importantly, it is so healthy + cooked with love for baby!Homemade baby foods are always so much cheaper, tastier, more nutritious and best of all cooked with so much individualized LOVE! Incomparable to jars sitting on supermarket shelves.My little Jace turns 7 months in a couple days?! Where did the time go? So here is his adorable self. He couldn’t wait to submerge his cutesy little fingers in the purée. ?
My love for him grows by the minute and I just want to eat this little guy up! I just want to squeeze his chunky thighs and nibble on those cute cheeks. I’m drooling just thinking about him! And I know this behavior might not sound so normal but trust me it is. There’s science backing it up! Apparently, wanting to ‘eat’ my baby makes me a better parent. Go on, look it up.
But not matter how many kisses, hugs and nibbles, I just can’t get enough. The snuggle is real!And here’s my 5 year old kindergartner, Roy, making some final artistic touches! ?He insisted that adding in colorful rainbow balloons will make the pictures extra special.
This recipe is loaded with veggies; onions, celery, carrots, squash and sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are one of babies’ favorite firsts foods. Combine them with literally any other ingredient and them cute giggly poopers will gobble them right up! And when you add magic lentils?! which, by the way, are a rich source of protein, iron and fibre → this means more cute baby pooping faces. ?You’re welcome!Veggie Lentil ‘Yummy In Ma Tummy’ Baby Purée is a basic, easy, very nutritious homemade baby food keeper recipe. What’s your baby’s favorite homemade baby food?What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentialsPrint
- Coconut Oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Onion – 1/2 small, chopped.
- Celery Sticks – 2, sliced.
- Carrots – 2 medium, peeled and chopped.
- Green Squash – 1 small, chopped.
- Sweet Potato – 1 small, chopped.
- Lentils – Large Green or Red, 1/4 cup.
- Ground Cumin – 1 dash, optional.
- Ground Cinnamon – 1 dash, optional.
- Water – 2 cups.
- Sautee onion, carrot, celery in coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, squash, lentils, spices and water.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes if using red lentils and 30 minutes if using the large green lentils, or until tender.
- Puree in blender.
VEGGIE LENTIL ‘YUMMY IN MA TUMMY’ BABY PUREE
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.