This Almond Flour Banana Bread recipe is made with no added sugar. You can add a 1/4 cup of sugar if you like it sweet. In this recipe, I relied on the extra ripe bananas and the chocolate and skipped the sugar all together. Topping the banana bread with some whipped cream can also do the trick!
Almond flour can be substituted with multi purpose flour if that’s what you have on hand. Almond flour though has more fiber, vitamin E and protein.Print
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour (or multi purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Wafers
- Line an 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper sprayed with baking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the bananas.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl or electric mixer.
- Add in the mashed bananas, milk and vanilla extract and keep whisking until they are fully combined.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and combine with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Add most of the chocolate wafers and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and gently shake to ensure the batter settles.
- Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula.
- Place the remaining chocolate wafers on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes on the middle rack.
- Insert a tooth pick in the middle and ensure that it comes out clean. Otherwise, bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 197mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.