This Carrot Potato Zucchini Soup recipe was inspired by one of my earliest soup memories. I remember being sick and my sister had crafted a hearty vegetable soup from scratch for me. I still reminisce the rich texture and taste of carrots but unfortunately when I had brought this soup up to my sister years later, she couldn’t recall how she made it. This was my attempt to re-create the amazing soup that helped me recover from a cold years ago. It’s the perfect winter soup, thick and just absolutely delicious, comforting and filling!
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves, finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped
- Celery – 3 sticks, chopped
- Carrots – 5, chopped
- Potatoes – 2 large, russet, cubed
- Zucchini – 3, light green, chopped
- Dill – 2 heaping tbsp, chopped
- Herbs De Provence – 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 1 tsp
- Dried Basil – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Salt – 1 tsp, or to taste
- Vegetable Broth – 6 cups
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add garlic, onion & celery. Saute until onions are slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini and all the spices. Mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the dill, broth and bay leaf then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until veggies are soft and fully cooked.
- Turn off heat / discard bay leaf. In a blender, puree the broth and about 3/4th the veggies until creamy. Return to pot and mix well.
- Taste check for additional salt if needed.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve with bread.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.