I don’t know about you but I’m a potato lover. I can eat potatoes cooked in any way: mashed, baked, sauteed, in soups, you name it…but of course I’m also a fan of everyone’s favorite serving method: French-fried potatoes!!! I crave them way too often and creating a perfect baked version was necessary in my household.
The trick to getting baked fries crispy in this Healthy Baked Fries with Sauce recipe is in using parchment paper as well as flipping them several times. I like mixing some mayonnaise with ketchup for a yummy dipping sauce.Print
- Potatoes – 1, russet, large
- Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Herbs De Provence – 1 tsp
- Garlic Salt – 1 tsp
- Paprika – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Cut potato into slices or wedges and place into a large Ziploc bag.
- Add olive oil and seasonings, close bag and shake until slices are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet and increase heat to 450 degrees.
- Flip the fries with a spatula and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Flip one last time and cook for another 5-8 minutes.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.