Why does everything that is bad for us taste so delicious?!? And why is fried ANYTHING so darn tasty? The things that make me go hmmmm…
But, I know I’m not the only one who’s pondered these questions repeatedly and quite honestly continually. And so, here I am with some real answers. The 3 scientific reasons why we lust over greasy fried foods are…JUST KIDDING. I’m not here to bore you with this stuff. I promise. Well, maybe in another blog post but not here. not NOW.
We have more pressing matters. We have delicious Italian Oven Fried Crispy Chicken Breasts that taste so good, they bring a new meaning to the word baked. I mean, these scrumptious pieces of heaven are soooo crunchy good, they’ll make you feel guilty as if you’re indulging when you really aren’t!
What’s that? You want in on the secret? Here’s the process.
So I start off by pounding chicken halves to a beautiful 1/4th an inch thickness.
Then off to some dipping action. First, I dip the breasts in a tasty wet mixture which includes mustard and Zesty Italian Dressing Mix.
Secondly, I coat them with the secret that produces the no-fry crunchy result → Panko crispy bread crumbs and olive oil! The dry mixture also includes some parmesan goodness and thyme for an added kick.
Then I bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown and Ta-DA!!
I love dipping Italian Oven Fried Crispy Chicken Breasts in mashed potatoes and gravy. Comfort food HEAVEN! Geez contain yourself! Stop drooling! 😛 Let me know how you like ’em! 🙂
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials.
- Skinless Chicken Breasts - 4, halved.
- Mustard - ¼ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Zesty Italian Dry Seasoning - 1 packet
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Panko Bread Crumbs - 2 cups
- Parmesan Cheese - ⅓ cup grated
- Dried Thyme - ½ tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Freshly Cracked Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil & coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Pound between two layers of plastic wrap to ¼ inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, combine the wet mixture ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry mixture ingredients.
- Coat each breast in each mixture ensuring both sides are covered.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.