Here is a grilled chicken breast recipe for you with steamed veggies on a grill. This is a very easy, simple and lean recipe for those focused on following a high-protein low-carb diet. Enjoy!
We used the McCormick Gourmet Cedar Plank Salmon Seafood Seasoning in this recipe. Yes, I know. This seasoning is mainly for seafood but we love it so much. It tastes amazing on chicken as well.
Be sure to check out the Salmon on a Cedar Plank recipe where we used the same seasoning.
Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and apply a generous amount of the seasoning.
Steamed veggies are an awesome side with the grilled chicken breast. We steam the veggies on the grill in a tray covered tightly with aluminum foil. Make sure to add about 1/4 cup of water in the tray first, a drizzle of olive oil and your favorite seasoning. Whatever veggies you steam should be completely done in about 12 minutes including green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts and carrots.
Grill for about 7 minutes on each side. We use the Meater thermometer to make sure the chicken is fully cooked but not overcooked. If you don’t have a Meater, be sure that the chicken gets to a safe cooking temperature. We remove it promptly when it reaches 167 °F, cover in foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.Print
- 2 count, chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp, McCormick Gourmet Cedar Plank Salmon Seafood Seasoning
- Pre-heat the grill on high to 400 degrees.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels.
- Apply the seasoning.
- Lower the heat on the grill to medium.
- Place on the grill for 7 minutes and don’t peak.
- Flip to the other side and grill for another 7 minutes.
- Use a thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches a safe cooking temperature or use the Meater smart thermometer to make it all easier.
- Grilling time varies based on your grill so do make sure you check the temperature.
Nutrition facts don’t include the seasoning.
- Serving Size: 1 breast
- Calories: 220
- Sodium: 150
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Protein: 48
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.