These easy-to-make Salmon patties are the perfect way to repurpose leftover grilled Salmon. Another option is to make them with canned Salmon. But they are far better when you use the infamous Salmon grilled on cedar plank that we fully documented in a previous post.
Flake the Salmon with a fork or by hand until you reach the desired consistency as shown in the pictures. The same process applies to canned Salmon.
Mix the eggs in with the milk until they are incorporated.
Place the crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them with a mallet or a rolling pin until you reach a powdery consistency.
Add in the eggs/milk, crackers, salt and pepper.
This is when you can get creative by adding your favorite herbs like dry dill or other Salmon seasoning.
Mix all the ingredients well by hand or with a spatula until all the wet ingredients are fully absorbed.
Form 8-10 patties depending on your preference and set them aside.
Heat 5-6 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan on low-medium heat.
Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they start to brown.
Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil.
Drizzle your favorite sauce like Sriracha Mayo on the patties and garnish with other toppings if you like.Print
Salmon patties made with leftover grilled Salmon or canned Salmon.
- 14 oz Salmon (grilled or canned)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 20 oz crushed crackers (<600g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5–6 tbsp olive oil (for pan frying)
- Sriracha mayo or your favorite sauce (optional)
- Your favorite dry herbs to taste (optional)
- Flake the Salmon with a fork or by hand until you reach the desired consistency as shown in the pictures. The same process applies to canned Salmon.
- Mix the eggs with the milk.
- Crush the crackers in a ziplock bag with a mallet or a rolling pin.
- Add in the eggs, milk, crushed crackers, salt and pepper.
- Add in your favorite dry herbs if desired.
- Mix all ingredients by hand or with a spatula until all wet ingredients are fully absorbed.
- Form 8-10 patties depending on the desired size and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on low-medium heat. Control the heat to avoid splattering.
- Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes on each or until they start to brown. Check on them often to avoid burning.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil.
- Drizzle your favorite sauce. Garnish and enjoy!
- You can always use a food processor to crush the crackers and process the entire mixture but we find that it’s not necessary at all.
- You can use canned Salmon if you must but the result is much better when you use leftover Salmon from the grilled salmon on a cedar plank recipe that we shared before.
Keywords: leftover salmon patties canned salmon
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.