We will have a series of waffle recipes coming soon with varying nutrition facts. Some will be with milk, eggs, oatmeal, etc. This easy basic waffle recipe here is based on the Kodiak Cakes flapjack and waffle mix.
While this waffle recipe is not made from scratch, this mix is made with 100% whole grains and packed with 14g of protein per serving (1/2 cup of the mix).
All you need to make this easy waffle recipe is a waffle maker, the waffle mix, water, a table spoon of vegetable oil and 4 minutes!
I find that it is easiest to mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a pouring lip while the waffle maker is warming up. You don’t want to whisk them! Instead, just mix them gently with a spoon or spatula.
Optionally, you can add up to a table spoon of vanilla extract and some berries to the mix.
Tip: What you want to do is pour the mixture in the waffle maker and very quickly drop about 10 blueberries in. The whole process of pouring the mixture in and adding the blueberries should not take more than 15 seconds. Then quickly close the waffle maker and flip it to the other side immediately. Set a timer for 4 minutes. At that point, the steaming should be subsiding and the waffle should be ready. You can run it for up to 5 minutes instead of 4 if you like a more crusty and crunchy waffle. Open the waffle maker and remove the waffle gently with a fork or spoon sliding it onto a plate.
Add your favorite toppings like raspberries or more blueberries and enjoy! 🙂
Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
- Kodiak Cake Mix, 1.5 cup
- Water, 1.5 cup
- Vegetable oil, 1.5 tbsp
- Vanilla extract (optional), 1 tbsp
- Blueberries (optional), 10 per waffle
- Raspberries (optional), 5 per waffle
- Warm up the waffle maker
- Mix the Kodiak mixture, water, oil and vanilla extract gently with a spoon or spatula in a bowl with a pouring lip
- Pour the mixture in the waffle maker to fill it entirely but without overflowing (the quantity varies depending on the size of the waffle maker)
- Quick drop the blueberries in. Do this quickly because you need to flip it right away.
- Close and flip the waffle maker immediately.
- Set a timer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the waffle with a fork or spoon and slide it onto a plate.
- Enjoy! 🙂
- Adjust the time from 4 to 5 minutes as you see fit. The waffle maker referenced above has a built in timer that you can use.
- Keep in mind that the timer in this waffle maker does not automatically shut it off. It’s just a timer.
- When the steaming subsides, it is generally a good indication that the waffle is ready.
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 285
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 570
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Protein: 21
Please share if you can 🙂 It helps a lot!!!
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.