- Mini Fillo (Phyllo) Shells
- Pistachios – ground – unsalted raw or roasted
- White Sandwich Bread – 5 slices
- Half-and-Half – 2 1/4 cups
- Cornstarch – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tsp
- Orange Blossom Water – 1/2 tsp
- Rose Water – 1/2 tsp
Orange Blossom Syrup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp strained
- Orange Blossom Water – 1/2 tbsp
To prepare the syrup:
- Dissolve the sugar with the water and mix well in a saucepan.
- Place over high heat and keep uncovered.
- Once the mixture comes to a rolling boil, leave it boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and orange blossom water.
- Return to a boil for an additional 15 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely at room temperature.
To prepare the Ashta cream filling:
- Remove and discard the crusts from the bread slices then cut the bread into 1 inch pieces.
- In a non-stick saucepan, combine all the ingredients and place over medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally until mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook stirring constantly until nice and thick (about 3 minutes). Remove from the heat and cool completely at room temperature.
- Store and cool in the fridge for a couple of hours to thicken completely.
- Fill the phyllo cups with the Ashta, sprinkle with pistachios and top with the syrup. Enjoy!