- Instant Oatmeal, 1 cup
- All purpose-flour, 2/3 cup
- Baking powder, 2 tsp
- Granulated sugar, 1 tbsp
- Kosher salt, 1/4 tsp
- Milk, 1 cup
- Eggs, 2
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- Heat up a flat griddle on low-medium heat.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with a spatula.
- Add the milk and gently mix it in with a spatula.
- Add the eggs and again mix them in gently with a spatula. Do not whisk.
- Add in the vanilla extract and give it again a quick mix.
- Drop the batter into the pre-heated pan using a 1/4 measuring cup or in whatever portion you prefer. You can make bigger or smaller pancakes. This really does not matter.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or less depending on how hot the griddle is.
- Flip to the other side gently using a pancake flipper. Don’t rush it if you feel it’s not ready to be flipped yet. The flipper I use has a good grip so that the pancakes don’t slip as you are flipping.
- Let it cook on the other side for a minute and a half or so.
- Move the pancake onto a plate using a pancake flipper.
Pancakes are one of those things that you can choose to eat with or without toppings. The nutrition facts here are with no toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 270
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Protein: 5
Keywords: pancake, oatmeal, recipe