- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce, 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella cheese, 2/3 cup
- Dried basil, 1 tsp
- Dried oregano, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/4 tsp
- Pepperoni, 14 pieces
- Place the pizza stone inside the grill
- Pre-heat the grill on high for 15 minutes
- Dust the countertop with flour
- Press the dough by hand, dust with more flour and press some more to shape the dough
- Flip to the other side, dust with flour again and press again by hand gently to shape it into a larger circle
- Dust it with more flour and use a rolling pin to expand the dough into a 12″ circle
- Do this on both side a couple of times while dusting with more flour to ensure it holds shape and doesn’t tear
- Before adding the sauce, ensure that the countertop is not wet and the bottom side of the pizza dough is generously coated with flour so that the pizza peel can later slide easily underneath it
- Spread the pizza sauce with a large spoon or better yet a soup ladle coming as close as possible to the edges
- Add the basil, oregano and salt.
- Add the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the pepperoni
- Press all the ingredients down very gently with both hands or the spoon to ensure they don’t shift when you’re picking up the pizza
- Dust the pizza peel with flour
- Slide the pizza peel underneath the pizza and place it on the pre-heated stone in the grill.
- Set a timer for 3.5 minutes, close the lid and don’t peek.
- After 3.5 minutes, lift the pizza gently with the pizza peel to see if the bottom is to your liking. If it’s not done yet, leave it in there for 30-60 more seconds.
- Remove the pizza with the pizza peel.
- Place on a large tray or pizza tray. Slice and enjoy!
- Note that the pizza might need a little more time in the grill depending on your grill, the thickness of the dough and the amount of sauce in case you didn’t follow this recipe to the tee.
- A very important tip is to ensure that the bottom side of the dough is generously coated with flour before placing the ingredients on it. Otherwise, you run the risk of it sticking to the pizza peel which makes picking it up and sliding it onto the stone difficult.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 222
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 5