Yum tomatoes! They are just oh so juicy, delicious and an excellent healthy choice. I can eat them all by themselves with salt and pepper! So can my son minus the salt and pepper. He looooves tomatoes. Unlike his uncle, my brother, however. My dad force-fed him a tomato as a child…with the best of intentions of course, bless his heart…but let me tell you…biggest mistake…ever! My poor brother was forever scarred. Decades later, and he still can’t stand tomatoes or any dish that contains them. But that’s ok, more left for the rest of us tomato lovers, right? 🙂 But no, on a serious note: Please don’t force-feed your children tomatoes or anything for that matter. They just might never like that food again!
Here are some of the many benefits of tomatoes that my brother is missing out on:
– Need more Lycopene in your diet? Lyco-what? Lycopene is an effective notable antioxidant which helps reduce risk of cancer. but get this: your body may actually absorb lycopene better from processed tomato foods. Why is that good news? Hellooo marinara sauce – please come lay yourself in my bowl and look delicious over my pasta. I have good reasons to eat you ridiculously.
– Want strong bones? The vitamin K and calcium in tomatoes are what your body needs for strengthening and repairing bones.
– Got pain? Tomatoes are high in bioflavonoids and carotenoids, which are anti-inflammatory agents – aka – natural pain relievers!
– Want shiny, strong and better looking hair? Stock up on them tomatoes. The vitamin A found in tomatoes works it’s magic to make hair strong and shiny.
– Tomatoes are also a good source of chromium which helps regulate and keep blood sugar in balance.
The list goes on…I don’t know about you but I’m now craving a ripe, sweet and juicy tomato…
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.