This vibrant soup is SO simple to make yet deliciously creamy and full of succulent asparagus flavor.
- Asparagus – 2 lbs, large
- Olive Oil – 1-2 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, peeled
- Red Onion – 1/2, sliced
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth – 2 cups
- Dried Thyme – 1/2 tsp
- Almond Milk – 1/2 cup
- Nutritional Yeast – 2 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Fresh Lemon Juice – a squeeze
- Sour Cream – a spoonful
- Green Onions – chopped, to taste
- Black Pepper – freshly cracked, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place asparagus, garlic and onion on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Roast for about 15-18 minutes or until tender. Make sure to not let them burn.
- Reserve some of the asparagus tips for garnish.
- Add the roasted asparagus mixture to a blender (I used Vitamix). Pour broth and blend using the soup option until hot.
- Lower speed and add the almond milk and nutritional yeast, blend for an additional 15 seconds just to combine.
- Taste check for any additional salt. (If not using a Vitamix, you can pour contents into a large pot to heat everything through).
- When serving, top with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice, some sour cream, reserved asparagus tips, chopped green onions and freshly cracked pepper.