Simple Ricotta Stuffed Atayef → Lebanese stuffed 2 bite mini-pancakes, covered with pistachios and drenched in amazing Orange Blossom syrup? Yes, please!!
- Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake Mix – 2 cups.
- Water – 2 cups.
- Orange Blossom Water – 1 tsp.
- Ricotta Cheese.
- Ground Pistachios.
Orange Blossom Syrup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp strained
- Orange Blossom Water – ½ tbsp
To prepare Atayef (mini-pancakes):
- In a bowl, whisk the pancake mix with water and Orange Blossom Water.
- Heat non-stick griddle over medium-hight heat and pour less than 1/4th cup of batter for each mini-pancake.
- Cook only on one side. Bubbles will start to form; cook until top is dry (about 1-2 minutes).
- Place each Atayef, browned side down, on a plate to cool.
To prepare the syrup:
- Dissolve the sugar with the water and mix well in a saucepan.
- Place over high heat and keep uncovered.
- Once the mixture comes to a rolling boil, leave it boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and orange blossom water.
- Return to a boil for an additional 15 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely at room temperature.
- Hold each Atayef and bring edges together, pinching them firmly halfway up.
- Fill with ricotta cheese.
- Dip into a bowl of ground pistachios.
- Drizzle with syrup and enjoy!