Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Ever have one of THOSE days? You know, the ones where you can’t seem to do anything right.
A day when you’re tired because your toddler wanted milk at 3am…so you intend to close your eyes for just 5 more minutes that morning but wake up 45 minutes later instead…you go to grab laundry from your dryer and realize you left the load in washer overnight and now you have to wash it again. You have this deadline at work…so you spend most of the day staring at this spreadsheet…until all the numbers start to look the same…you go to the bathroom (for a much needed break), you look in the mirror and be like: did I really look like this ALL day?!!!
So that was me yesterday. Best day of my life! 😛
After a long day of pure exhaustion…what’s a girl to eat!? I was in need of comforting and satisfying food to enjoy in my sweats on the couch. And a warm hug.
I had been meaning to try this one pot pasta idea. I saw a few pinterest pins of easy one pot dishes and pastas which caught my attention some while ago. And so I decided to go for it.
Introducing One Pot Kale Mushroom Pasta! Also known as: the most amazing edible comfort…like ever!
I had a big bag of kale looking at me when I opened the fridge. I super heart adding kale into pastas, by the way! This super leafy green adds color and texture. Not to mention, it is low in calories yet loaded with vitamins and minerals. We try to load up on this stuff as much as possible in our household.
Ever wonder what’s so good about kale or any other vegetable/fruit? Check out my Eating Colorful page for nutritional benefits.
So I started by sautéing some…I mean…a lot…a LOT of garlic in my amazing Dutch oven until the smell filled the place. My husband walked in. He was greeted by a wall of garlic. “But it adds so much flavor to the sauce! Just wait and see!” ← I told him and I’m tell you now. Trust me! 🙂
I threw in the kale, mushrooms and yummy tomatoes. Dumped in some broth, almond milk, butter and dry spaghetti. Say WHAAT? Yup, threw in DRY spaghetti. It will all cook together and come out beautifully, I promise.
Pasta was ready in no time! I added some cheese, freshly cracked black pepper, dried parsley flakes and tada!!!!!! I couldn’t even take a picture of the pasta on a serving plate. Forget THAT! Remember all that garlic I added in? Oh my yummy goodness. I threw my face straight in the pot and so will you.
So what do you think of this recipe?? Have any “one pot” ideas you’d like me to create? Let me know in the comment section below!
Want a free e-book with recipes and nutritional benefits? Want to be the first to know when I post new recipes? SUBSCRIBE NOW to my newsletter! 🙂
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials.
- Kale - 4 cups, torn into bite size pieces, stems discarded
- Mushrooms - 2 cups, sliced
- Tomatoes - campari, 1.5 cups quartered
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- Chicken Broth - 3 cups
- Almond Milk - 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter, 2 tbsp
- Parmesan Cheese - 1 cup, grated
- Thin Spaghetti - 1 lb, broken in half
- Salt - to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium hight heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add in kale, mushrooms and tomatoes. Toss until kale is wilted, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in butter, chicken broth, milk and spaghetti then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered. Stir occasionally until pasta is cooked through and sauce is to your desired consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and top with additional cheese and black pepper when serving. I also added some dried parsley flakes.
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.