- 2 lb., Ground Lamb
- 1.5 cups, Onions finely chopped
- 1 bunch, Parsley finely chopped
- 4 tsp, 7 Spices
- 3 tsp, Salt
- 1 tsp, Black pepper
- 1 tbsp, Vegetable oil
- Mince parsley finely.
- Mince onions finely. (the smaller the better)
- Place the ground lamb in a large bowl.
- Add the oil.
- Start mixing and adding the parsley, 7 spices, salt and black pepper gradually.
- Keep mixing by hand to fully incorporate all the ingredients evenly.
- Form about 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time into a small finger.
- Put a skewer through the finger right smack in the middle.
- Keep forming the Kafta into a longer finger nicely around the skewer.
- Pinch the edges to ensure the Kafta is held tightly.
- Place diagonally on the grates of a pre-heated and slightly oiled grill.
- Grill on low-medium heat for around 7 minutes initially.
- Gently turn while paying attention not to force the turn in case the Kafta is still sticking to the grill. You should allow enough time initially for the meat to separate itself naturally from the grates.
- Grill for 3 minutes.
- Turn and grill for 2-3 or until done and you see the glorious grill marks all around.
- Enjoy with your favorite sides or better yet a Tabbouleh Lebanese Salad!
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 241
- Sodium: 912
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Protein: 17