It’s 2 days away. You know, the day when it’s socially acceptable to stuff your face with everything and then keep eating some more until you can’t breath. It’s what Thanksgiving is all about! Overeating. 🙂
So we had a potluck at work and one word: Apple pie. Apple pie everywhere. It’s like everyone who didn’t originally sign up decided to just go and grab an apple pie. We still have some leftovers in the fridge. but. I. just. can’t. look at another pie ever again.
It reminded me of this recipe that I made a few weeks back. Remember the Easiest Mini French Apple Tarts? There’s a video at the bottom of that recipe, check it out. Those things bake in just 15 minutes! WHAAA?!
So when I made those, I used a store bought pie crust. The box came with 2 crusts. What did I do with the 2nd crust? Easy French Apple Tart. 😉
After the first bite, my husband and I looked at each other with eyes wide open. It was a beautiful bonding moment. We both knew exactly how we both felt yet no words were said. It’s funny how eyes can speak more powerfully at times. Our tongues were way too busy anyway. They didn’t want to separate from that sweetness, tartness and perfectly browned crust.
This will get you saying apple pie, shmapple pie! Make this Easy French Apple Tart instead! 😉
What I’ve used in this recipe:
Here’s a complete list of my kitchen essentials
- Pie Crust - 1, store-bought.
- Apples - 1-2, thinly sliced (depending on how much apple you want).
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp.
- Brown Sugar - ½ tbsp.
- Cinnamon - ½ tsp.
- Apricot Jam - 2 tbsp or to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spread pie crust into 9 inch quiche/tart pan, pressing dough against edges.
- Thinly slice apple and toss in lemon juice.
- Spread desired amount of apricot jam onto pie crust.
- Arrange apple slices on top of jam.
- Sprinkle with pre-mixed sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool then glaze with diluted apricot jam/water.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Disclosure: This page includes links to sites we affiliate with. Purchasing through them will earn us a commission. Keep in mind that we only recommend the products and services that we believe in.