- Egg Whites – 4
- Milk – 1 tsp fat free/lactose free
- Portobello Mushrooms – 1/2 cup sliced
- Onion – 1/4 cup chopped
- Sweet Pepper – 1/4 cup chopped (I had an orange one handy)
- Dill – 2 tbsp chopped
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- American Cheese – 1 slice
- Paprika – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper – to taste
- In a small pan, saute the mushrooms, onions, peppers & dill in 1/2 tbsp of butter until tender. Keep on low heat. This will be added to the omelet later.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tbsp of butter on medium heat in omelet (medium sized) pan.
- Whisk the egg whites, milk, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture & tilt pan until eggs are evenly distributed. Cook for a few minutes.
- You can test by lifting the omelet to see when bottom is cooked then flip for just a few second until top is cooked then flip again.
- Add cheese slice on one side of the omelet until it melts a bit then pour vegetable mixture over it.
- Flip one-half of the omelet on top of the cheese/veggie mixture to create the half-moon shape and serve!